Thursday, March 1, 2012

Garlic Bacon Chicken



I wanted to make something with bacon and chicken, and didn't want a dried out chicken, and didn't want to stuff a breast, so I thought I would go for a sauce that had what I wanted.  Here you have it, and it was delicious.

5 boneless chicken breasts
5-6 slices of bacon
3 cloves of garlic crushed
1 Tbs butter
1 Tbs olive oil
1-2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 medium onion
Salt and pepper

Fry bacon until crispy, crumble and set aside.  Drain the grease from the pan (do not wipe it clean, leave a residue), and save it.  Add the butter and olive oil and saute saute the onion and garlic until the onion is clear and the garlic is not overcooked.  Add to the bacon.  Add the cheese to the mixture and mix it well.  Generously salt and pepper the breasts.  Add back a little bacon grease to the skillet and cook the chicken breasts, flipping once until they have a nice brown sear on each side.  It should take about 15 minutes total.  Remove from skillet and place in the oven at 350 for 15 minutes.  Remove the pan, flip the chicken, and put a handful of the bacon cheese mixture on each breast.  Place back in the oven and cook for an additional 15-20 minutes.  That's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment